Saturday, June 16, 2012

Tree Bumblebee

This Bumblebee was photographed in my garden on 12/06/12.  The species name is Bombus Hypnorum, but is more commonly known as the Tree Bumblebee.  This Bee only arrived in the UK in 2001, and has made its way across the channel from France, where it has steadily expanded its range.  It is the first time that I have noticed it in my garden, where it appears to be in abundance this year.
In complete contrast, I have not seen the Common Carder Bee Bombus pascuorum this year, and a recent survey revealed that there has been a 50% reduction in this Bee.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ӏt's hard to come by experienced people for this topic, however, you seem like you know what you'rе talkіng аbout!
Thanks
My homepage :: Woodworkingadvice.Net

10:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home